Sunday, November 23, 2008

Things I've Learned...

I've learned several things over the past few days...

1. There's a nifty product called Dryel that will take most of the puke stains out of a wool coat. I was very impressed. After my daughter got sick all over me on Thursday (and I'm grateful that this time it was on me right at the front door and not inside the car like last time), I thought for sure the coat was a goner, but it doesn't look too bad. It sat out on the deck overnight the first night. Then my dear hubby was kind enough to pick the frozen chunks off of it. (Thanks honey!) I bought the Dryel a while back and forgot we even had it. I followed the instructions, and other than one area right on the front (that took the brunt of the barf-o-rama), it's pretty clean! I'm going to Dryel it again and see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed for me...

2. It's a lie when the eye doctor says that after being dilated, your (MY) eyes will be back to normal after a few hours. I had my eyes dilated at 11:00 yesterday morning. They were still dilated when I went to bed last night. They were still dilated when I woke up this morning. They started going back to normal late this afternoon. Sheesh!

3. The people who are supposed to love and support you the most are sometimes the people who are the meanest and most inconsiderate.

4. Weekend television is terrible. Since I couldn't see very well (see #2) to play on the computer or read a book, I was limited to television. We don't have cable, and it stinks!

5. My arms are flabbier than I realized. Time to start doing some push ups...

6. New Kids on the Block aren't that cool anymore. They were awesome when I was 12, but I saw them on the music awards tonight and laughed the whole time.

7. Being a parent is hard work. Like I didn't know that already! This weekend just reinforced it.

8. I still enjoy a good scare. Just for kicks, I watched H20--Halloween: Twenty Years Later. I hadn't watched it since before my daughter was born. I was completely creeped out.

9. I need to smile more. That furrow between my eyebrows is getting deeper and deeper.

10. I love nachos. I haven't eaten nachos in ages, but I had some tonight and they were goooooood. Now, I have to go work out...

No comments: