Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I can't come up with a title for this post. Mostly, I just want to say that I'm very sad how people absolutely lose their marbles during election time. The most level-headed, sane people I know suddenly become un-hinged, un-glued, un-something, and say such unkind things, I can't even believe it. All I know is that every vote does count and I cast mine. I'm proud of my decision, no matter what the outcome is. I hope anyone reading this feels the same. Your voice was heard, your ballot was counted and we live in a great, great country.
**Update: Right after I published this post, I got an e-mail from my friend Natalie, and after seeing years-long friendships disintegrate because of polar opinions on this Presidential race, I felt compelled to share it.
There comes a point in your life when you realize:

Who matters,

Who never did,

Who won't anymore,

...And who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future. Give these flowers to everyone you don't want to lose in 2008, including me, if that's what is in your heart. Try to collect 12; it's not easy!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

i TOTALLY AGREE...WE MUST MOVE ON..

Open your Eyes. said...

Hey! Im from the UK and election fever hit here. They seem to think that your new president will answer all their problems when I feel that there is far to go...

The flower idea is beutiful and quote to go with it. xxx.