Thursday, November 06, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah

Don't mind the new template and color changes. I'm just playing around, trying to come up with something I like. I've been searching online for something other than the standard blogger templates and I haven't found anything that jumps out at me.

I'm home from work today with my little one...poor kid just can't seem to catch a break. She can catch everything else when it comes to germs and viruses, but she can't catch a break from it all. She had an appointment with the pediatrician yesterday and it turns out that she's got an infection again. Her little lungs are all clogged up and icky--we're back to breathing treatments three times a day, an inhaler 1-2 times a day, plus an antibiotic. I'm trying not to be sad about it, because we had a pretty good stretch of time where she was actually healthy, but I'm her mommy and I can't help but feel a little sad. And a lot guilty. Guilty that I can't just stay home with her and avoid the whole daycare situation. Of course, that may not mean anything--she's vulnerable to these types of infections, and the pediatrician has reassured me repeatedly that even without daycare, she'd most likely be sicker than an average kid anyway. He tells me, too, that all of this will mean she'll probably be healthier later in life, and that comforts me a little.

It does look like there'll be a change in plans this weekend because we were going to take an extended weekend and head to Wisconsin for a baby shower. My brother-in-law and his wife are expecting twins in February, which is super-exciting, but with our little one being sick, one of us has to stay home and take care of her. This is entirely for her own protection. She's not really contagious, but I don't want to put a pregnant woman at risk. Plus, all the meds weaken her immune system and leave her vulnerable to catching all kinds of stuff from other people.

Ah well. The good news is that no matter what, tomorrow is Friday! I'm looking forward to the weekend. My dining room is a disaster. It's temporarily housing all of my craft projects and I'm determined to get that all cleaned up on Saturday.

More nonsense later...

1 comment:

Margaret said...

She'll be well soon!

Also, love the new look:-)