Thursday, October 02, 2008

Taking it Literally...

My darling daughter never ceases to amaze me. Case in point? This afternoon.

We were on our way home and she said she had to go to the bathroom. I asked her if she could hold it until we got in the house and she said yes, though she was bouncing in her seat, literally holding herself. I didn't even close the garage door and rushed her into the house. She made a beeline for the bathroom and I ran out to close the door, calling over my shoulder, "It's okay honey, just go make pee on the potty."

She sounded confused. "Make pee pee on the potty?"

"Yes!" I didn't know why she sounded confused. She's been potty trained for...well, I don't know exactly how long. Probably around a year.

Anyway, here's what I didn't even think about. Ever since we started potty training, we've always said to go IN the potty. This did not occur to me until I heard her frantically call out, "Help, it's spilling!"

Yes, she made pee pee ON the potty. She was upset. I laughed. I'm still laughing!

2 comments:

CRUSTYBEEF said...

HAHA!! Don't you just love how literal they are?

Too cute!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh watch out. She'll remember every word you say, ones you don't even remember. You'll have to be very literal.