Friday, October 24, 2008

Hot for the Holidays

I was inspired by Missy, and even though I wasn't going to participate at first, I thought, "What the heck. Let's go for it!"

I lost one pound this week. Only one, but it's a start. I am, however, quite worried I may have done some serious damage yesterday after getting into the Halloween candy. Bad PMS chocolate cravings and I totally caved in. Hopefully, the upcoming week will be better.

I'm home again today with my kiddo. She's finally starting to feel better, but the asthma medication and decongestant are wreaking havoc on her sleep--my girl is WIRED. She was literally running sprints through the house yesterday for over an hour. I've got another half-hour before she gets her meds, so I'm going to sit down and enjoy the temporary peace and quiet.

8 comments:

Membership Required said...

So glad you are joining in on the fit friday bandwagon. You'll be glad you did. Good luck this week with working out and resting after your little one gets well. Sounds like she is wearing you down.

Colored With Memories said...

are you doing breathing treatments? i've never seen my kids so wired...those are crazy!

i was attacked by m & m's this week too.

1 pound is better than i did! good job!

Brittany said...

Yay!!! One pound is great. Keep it up.

Posh Mama said...

Hooray for the 1 lb! And I read your daughters story and nearly fell off the couch laughing! Good Luck on week 2!

Sarah said...

One pound down - that's gotta feel good.

I'm glad my husband both go trick or treating with our kiddos because this mean I don't have to buy Halloween candy - which mean that I don't eat any!! Well, that is until my kids bring what they get home.

The Smiths said...

One pound is great....it just takes 1 at a time!

Halloween candy is a killer - I haven't bought mine yet b/c I would eat it. Maybe I would get my son potty trained if I would quit eating his "reward" candy.

Good luck

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

I've decided that Halloween is an awful time to start a diet...waaaay too much chocolate around. :) Hey, 1 lb...that's awesome!

Life In Progress said...

Hey, a pound is a pound. I'm getting a little nervous about all the Halloween candy that will be entering this house on Friday! Maybe I can send all my favorites with the Hubs for the candy bowl on his desk. Think my kids would notice?