Saturday, September 06, 2008

Roly Poly

I have a bunch of roly-polies in my basement! I know they're attracted to moisture, so it figures they would cluster down there. Errrrr. I vacuumed up a bunch of them and cranked the dehumidifier. I'm going to buy some Borax tomorrow and sprinkle it around the perimeter of the house, inside and out. I know roly-poly bugs are completely harmless, but (gulp) I am really scared of bugs, so this is a huge issue. I think the only major mistake I made was vacuuming up two big spiders with the roly-polies. If I had left the spiders there, maybe they would have eaten the roly-polies. Except I'm more scared of spiders than I am of roly-poly bugs.

How's that for something weird about me...I go into dangerous neighborhoods and work with (some) people who have serious criminal records. I do that without even blinking. And I'm afraid of bugs. Go figure.

4 comments:

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I've jumped out of airplains and base dived off of cliffs but I can't seem to stay in a room if I know there's an earwig in it ... Phobias have no perameters.

jAMiE said...

I just killed a spider...i feel guilty doing so but the thoughts of it crawling around in my bedroom while i'm sleeping freaks me out...i don't want to think of the ones i don't see.

What are rolie-polies?

CRUSTYBEEF said...

hee-hee, I don't mean to laugh but I know what you mean. :)