Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oh no...

I have a terrible case of writer's block. I don't know if it was all the chaos of the past week or what, but I'm really struggling to string together words that are meaningful and that make sense. I've been working on a post all week and can't seem to finish it and even in regular conversation, I can't seem to keep my mind focused enough to come up with something even halfway intelligent. I had a few nights this week where I didn't get enough sleep, so maybe this is an after-effect. I dunno.

How's the weather for everyone? It's been raining incessantly here for the past 24 hours. Overnight was horrible--torrential rains, winds shaking the house--and we're not even in the path of Hurricane Ike! I think the remnants will be hitting us tomorrow as the storm falls apart and moves upward toward the midwest, but I don't know how much more our waterlogged land can take. Our sump pump is running about every 3-4 minutes and there's standing water in the lower-lying areas of our neighborhood. There's just nowhere for the water to go.

I went grocery shopping this morning and it took me almost an hour to get home. Sheesh. I'm still hoping to get out to the library and then the fabric store to buy some black fabric for my daughter's Halloween costume. She was a witch last year, and wants to be a witch again this year. I bought a pattern that comes with 5 designs--an angel, a princess, a gypsy, a witch and a pioneer girl/frontier girl. I was hoping the munchkin would pick the angel or gypsy, but she's hung up on being a witch, so a witch it is!

Hark! What is that I hear? Well looky there...the rain has temporarily stopped. I better make a run for the library before it starts again!

2 comments:

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I know EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!

awful!!!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

P.S. Do you have a back up sump pump? the only kind that is truthful the best is a trusty waren (spelling)...make sure you get a generator incase you lose power so you don't take on any water...
and keep an eye on the alarms and button colors on your pump (if you have them) check your manual to determine what the status means so you're not suddenly surprised that your sump pump cuts out..

Email me if you need anything..

from a plumber's daughter. :)