Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A Little of This...A Little of That

Greetings. Is it the weekend yet? Oh yeah, I just came off of a long holiday weekend. It went way too fast. Way. Too. Fast.

It started out good--we went to the Arthur Cheese Festival. There was a cheese eating contest, cheese curling (goofy sport...), lots of arts and crafts (I bought a few funny signs...one says "Mom's Diner-Open 24 Hours" and another one says, "My house was clean last week. Sorry you missed it."), and perhaps the best of all was my munchkin going on her first pony ride. I'll get around to posting pictures. (It just seemed like it wasn't as big of a deal after I got the e-mail yesterday from my girlfriend about the sudden, tragic death of her daughter.) The hubby and I went to Home Depot and got some new plants for the front yard. We have a patch in front of the windows where nothing seems to grow. It's just kind of crappy dirt, I guess. In the end, we bought some boxwoods and Russian sage to fill it in. I've got my fingers crossed that they take root!

Classes are in full swing at the university this semester and I'm already tired. I do love teaching, but it is a second job, and there are some nights when all I want to do is come home, sit on the couch and eat cheesy poofs. Instead, I'm doing the crazy classroom stuff. I do plan on having a less intense work load next semester. I value time with my daughter too much to keep up with a schedule like this for very long.

Sometimes I wish I was wealthy. Not too wealthy. Just enough to...well, just enough to be enough. I'd like the bills to be paid and I'd like to stay home with my daughter. Maybe I could finally get around to starting my own business--which, ironically enough, could be the key to being a little more wealthy. But first I have to structure my time to get to that point. I'm starting to feel like a hamster on a wheel...running around and around, but not really getting anywhere.

Ugh. This post is all over the place. I'm going to blame it on my allergies. They've been absolutely terrible the past few days. It's like my sinuses have taken over my whole face and my eyes are all icky and itchy. This happens every year at this time and there isn't squat I can do about it because I can't take allergy medicine. Well, I can take Benadryl, but it doesn't do much for me. Ah well.

I'm going to lurk on my favorite blogs for a little while and then go to sleep.

1 comment:

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. :(