Saturday, September 20, 2008

I Made the Cut!

I've been growing out my hair for the past ten months--with regular trims, of course--in an effort to make the cut for Locks of Love. Imagine my dismay when I had my ponytail all set, only to find that it was about a half-inch short of the requirement! I had two options at that point. I figured I could wait another month (which made me want to cry--I do NOT like having long hair) or, I could still get it cut and donate it through another program. It's Patene's Beautiful Lengths program.

I really liked the idea of Locks of Love, but I caved in. I couldn't stand the upkeep of my long hair for another minute, so as we speak (or more appropriate, as I write), I have a 9+ inch ponytail in a plastic bag, ready to be sent off for donation through Pantene's program.

My neck is exposed, my cheekbones are noticeable again, and lo and behold, I have ears! I've got a nice, jaw-length bob and had some red highlights thrown in, just for fun. I also got an immediate confidence-boost with this haircut. I realized I was literally hiding behind my long hair most days. Now, my face and eyes are just sort of out there for everyone to see. Do I have pictures to show? Not yet. I'll try and get some later!

Right now, I have to run to the grocery store and then I'm taking my daughter to the zoo. Hope you're having a great weekend!

2 comments:

CRUSTYBEEF said...

have fun at the zoo!

Lincoln, brookfield?...

I'll be at Brook tomorrow. :)

have a great weekend! good deeds Martha, Good deeds!

:)

Cheryl said...

Good for you! I can't wait to see a picture of you. I only have that little profile image of you in my mind.