Friday, September 26, 2008

Heard in Our House Tonight...

As we're cleaning up the downstairs in anticipation of company tomorrow...

Him: I think I'm going to call it quits tonight.

Me: What?! There's still a ton to do!

Him: I already cleaned a lot.

Me: [feeling mean and nasty] I cleaned more than you did.

Him: Whatever. I cleaned the living room and dining room.

Me: Are you kidding me? You moved the toys and books from the couch to the floor and put some cards into the hutch in the dining room. That doesn't equal actual cleaning.

Him: I ran the garbage out.

Me: I emptied the fridge so you could

akgiorikfdjleroijrtewkl LITTLE STRUGGLE FOR THE KEYBOARD THERE. THIS IS SHAWN AND I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS MESSAGE. IGNORE MY WIFE!

Sorry for the interruption there, folks. He's in a sour mood because I pointed out to him that I scrubbed the kitchen sinks and counters, cleaned and dusted the desk, dusted all the tables and knick-knacks in the living room, scrubbed the kitchen table, went through a week's worth of junk mail, emptied the fridge (which he was supposed to do last night in anticipation of garbage day), cleaned the windows and

kfjhguioruihjfdjhduyotr LISTEN EVERYONE. THIS IS SHAWN AGAIN AND I'M GOING TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM, OKAY? I ADMIT IT, I WAS LISTENING TO THE CUBS/BREWERS GAME IN THE KITCHEN WHILE SHE WAS CLEANING. BUT ONLY FOR A LITTLE WHILE. IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT SHE CLEANS FASTER THAN I DO. AND I KILLED THE BIG NASTY SPIDER ON THE LIVING ROOM WINDOW SO SHE COULD CLEAN IT. SO THERE!

And that, dear readers, is an average night in our house. I'm now laughing so hard that I have to stop typing.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

There's times I miss having a partner. Times.