Friday, August 29, 2008

Woman on a Mission

I've been at home today and it's been wonderful. After a very hectic and chaotic week, it was nice to have a little down time--even better since Labor Day is Monday, which means an extra long weekend!

I got a lot of regular work done today for my job, but I also got to the grocery store and did my shopping for the week. I've got a chicken in the crock pot right now...and I made a blueberry pie...and sugar cookies...and I'll be making cheddar-bacon mashed potatoes and another veggie when it gets closer to dinner time. I love puttering around the kitchen.


I also painted my daughter's toenails. She's been running around, showing them off to whoever will look!

Anyone have plans for the Labor Day holiday? Weather permitting, we're going to the Arthur Cheese Festival this weekend. My darling husband is going to be participating in a Cheese Eating Contest. That was his only stipulation when he agreed to my proposal for going on a mini-vacation to an Amish community. I'm charging the batteries in my camera right now, so I should have lots of power for plenty of pictures.

I have to scoot now, but hopefully, I'll have some good pictures to share later this weekend!

No comments: