Sunday, August 24, 2008

I...

I...was inspired to do this after reading Crusty Beef's post on August 19th.

I...suffer from staurophobia. You can read one of my old posts on it here.

I...still peek under my daughter's bed and make sure her closet door is closed tight before bed, just in case there really is a boogey man. This is entirely for my benefit, not hers.

I...love music. I would gladly trade in my television for unlimited free music downloads at walmart.com.

I...am pretty sure my husband would be upset if I traded in our television.

I...have a bit of OCD and sometimes it interferes with healthy relationships. Ask my husband how long I was in the basement last night cleaning while he was upstairs waiting for me to watch a movie with him.

I...believe in ghosts and magic, and sometimes I'm a little disappointed when it turns out there's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

I...am one of the most serious people I know, but I have a fun, sneaky side, too!

I...believe in God and I believe that He answers all of my prayers. Even when they're not the answers I want.

I...have been feeling better in general since I started getting more sleep. It's been hard to let some of the household chores go, but the extra 1-2 hours of sleep each night has done wonders for me.

I...believe I'm working in the wrong field. I might be good at what I do, but there's nowhere near enough space for creativity. When I was growing up I wanted to be a dancer (mom said I was too tall and there was no money in it...ummmm, "Dancing with the Stars"...); I wanted to be a hairdresser and makeup artist (mom said there was no money in that...ummm, hello Bobbi Brown, Sonia Kashuk, and all the award winning makeup artists, not to mention the Red 7 Salon (I miss you, David!); I wanted to paint (dad said my pictures weren't that good, but some of Picasso's stuff is kinda ugly); so on and so on. I don't think my parents were trying to kill my dreams, but they were looking out for my financial future. Too bad human services doesn't pay more...

I...am not very good at telling people when and why I'm upset or angry. Half the time, I can't even explain it to myself. I can write down what's wrong, but I'm not as good at verbalizing.

I...believe people should keep all promises. One of the quickest ways to get on my bad side is to make a promise to me and not keep it. A promise is a promise, no matter how big or small it is, and short of some kind of disaster, it needs to be kept.

I...have to stop here and get to the grocery store. I have a turkey breast cooking in the crock pot and nothing much to make with it. Trader Joe's, here I come!

3 comments:

jAMiE said...

I enjoyed learning all of that about you...

Charlene said...

Well I am just like you on the not being able to tell people when I am angry or upset...it's a tough one...and I hope you get to dance

Cheryl said...

This was good stuff Martha. So, what will you be when you grow up?