Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Five Things in Five Days

I'm on my lunch break at work right now, trying to fend off a bad case of indigestion from eating too fast, and I was thinking about things in my life that I want to improve. So, I've come up with an idea...Five Things in Five Days. I've heard and read that it takes, on average, 21 days to make, break or change a habit, but I'm going to try and make some changes in the next five days. I don't know how often I'll do something like this--maybe once a month?--but I'll try to change up the themes.

In any case, I've decided on Five Things in Five Days that I can do to be a better mommy.

1. Go to bed an hour earlier. On average, I get to bed at 11:30pm, which is way too late when I've got a family, a home and two jobs to take care of. My goal is to actually be in bed no later than 10:30pm on work nights. Plus, more sleep means I'll be less crabby and less prone to getting irritated with my little one.

2. I'm not going to use (or even turn on) the home computer in the evenings until after my little munchkin is in bed for the night.

3. I will devote 30 minutes to engaging in physical activity (playing outside, tag, dancing, etc.) with my little girl each afternoon or evening that I'm not working my second job.

4. I'll go back to reading 2-3 stories to my baby cakes each night instead of just one.

5. I will take one afternoon and play hide-and-seek with her for as long as she wants. You'll have to pray for me on this one...my girl could play hide-and-seek for hours!

This should be a fun way for me to make some of the changes I've been wanting to make for a while now. I'm actually looking forward to it.!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a great idea! I'm going to think on this one for myself.

jAMiE said...

Like Cheryl, i may do this one too...good luck on yours...and have fun with the little one!