Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Countdown to the End of the Day...

It's only 8:30am. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the day. It's been one of "those" days...you know, the kind where everything goes wrong and you feel like you should go back to bed and start the day over. Or sleep until tomorrow and pretend today never happened.

Ugh.

My alarm went off at 5:30am. Tired. So tired. Too tired to work out. Hit snooze. (I rarely hit snooze.) Went back to sleep. Alarm went off again at 5:40am. Turned it off. Slept until almost 6:30. Shoot. Have to get to the store before work this morning to get snacks for family support group tonight.

Shower, dress, eat breakfast. Sweating profusely. Humidity is horrible. Change clothes. Put on makeup, do hair. Sweat through second set of clothes. Change clothes again. Getting irritated because air conditioning is running and dehumidifier is on. Still sweating. Maybe all this sleep I'm getting has kicked my metabolism into high gear? Daughter crying...doesn't want mommy to go to work today. Pry child off leg and try not to feel horribly guilty. Feel guilty anyway.

Stop at Wal-Mart. Tear shirt getting out of the car. Buy snacks for group. Buy new shirt. Arrive to work late. Have allergy attack in lobby. Swollen eyes, runny nose, painful sneezing. Drop bag holding cookies for group. Broken cookies everywhere.

Get into my office. Change shirt. Dislike funky "new shirt" smell. Nothing I can do about it. Still sneezing. Drop pen on floor. Hit head on desk while reaching for pen.

Pause, breathe deep and try not to cry. Failed momentarily. Pulled it together. Decided to blog about it instead. Pray for me.

This is not the meaningful post I was planning. More later...

1 comment:

Katie said...

Well, it's 8:30 pm now. Did your day get better?