Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Vacation (Not)

First, my little munchkin is doing much better. She actually ate food today! Yay! I think we're finally on the upswing here...

Anyway, I know I'm supposed to be basking in the glow of my vacation, but to be perfectly honest, it stinks. I ended up working on Monday instead of starting my vacation. That wasn't particularly fun. Tuesday was just crazy--taking care of regular daily stuff, managing a few more work-related issues that popped up, etc. The only down time I got was when I spent 45 minutes sitting on the deck while I graded papers. And even then, I ended up with sunburn. Today, I sent my little one to pre-school, then went grocery shopping and did some cleaning. I'm going to get the little one as soon as I get myself cleaned up. Tomorrow, depending on the weather, I'll either stain the deck or clean the basement. Friday, I'm hoping to paint the kitchen. And that'll be my vacation. Ugh.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I'm just kind of in a sour mood today, and I'm trying to figure out how to explain OCD to my husband. He gets irritated that there are days when I just can't seem to stop whatever it is that I'm doing--I can't get my mind to shut down, either, which is part of the reason I can't sleep. The only thing I can think of is to tell him that it's like Attention Deficit Disorder (I know, I know, lots of people assume that "Hyperactivity" should be in there, but it's possible to have ADD, not ADHD), but the complete opposite. Instead of having a very short attention span, it's like I can't refocus on anything except the task at hand. Which is exactly why my eyes keep wandering to my dirty kitchen floor as I type this.

I better go mop before I spontaneously combust.

No comments: