Monday, July 28, 2008

Random Thoughts...Brought to You by Me!

I planned on blogging yesterday, but time really got away from me. I'd been working on a post about dealing with guilt, but it was kind of depressing, so I scrapped that. Just wasn't in the mood to think a bout all the things I've felt guilty about over the years. For the most part, I feel like guilt is a waste of time, so I try not to dwell on it.

On a lighter note, I've decided that now is the time for me to get myself in gear and get healthy. I'd been doing really well with exercising and eating right, but for a while, I wasn't motivated and just gave up. It wouldn't be so bad, except that I have a metabolic problem and if I'm not careful, I can gain a lot of weight very, very fast. That's pretty much what happened over the past few months. I've been doing Pilates, which I love, but it's not enough to offset the poor food choices I've been making.

In an effort to step up my cardio exercise, I took inventory of my options. Of course, there's the treadmill and recumbent bike. I could run, walk, or bike outside. I could do Tae Bo with Billy Blanks or Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone...but in the end, I decided on The Wiggles. No, no I'm not kidding.

My daughter wanted to watch a Wiggles DVD and I've got to tell you that after trying to keep up with their singing and dancing, I can understand why those guys are so thin. I was panting and sweating three songs into the video! Maybe I can whip myself into shape by dancing like Captain Feathersword, moving my arms like Henry the Octopus and shaking my hips with Wags the Dog. I'll top it off by making some Fruit Salad. Yummy, yummy! I know at least a few parents who are reading this and laughing!

How's that for some random thoughts? More nonsense later!

2 comments:

jAMiE said...

Wow, the Wiggles..i've seen them a bit and they are very high energy..will be fun for you i bet.

Hope you had a nice weekend, take care and look after yourself!

Cheryl said...

I've never seen the Wiggles, but I did Walk Away the Pounds for the longest time! I should start that back again. Maybe in the winter...