Monday, July 07, 2008

Farewell, Free Days

The worst part about being on vacation is knowing that it's ending. Going back to the daily grind is not leaving me with a warm, fuzzy feeling. I'm feeling pretty good about things that got done around the house.

1. The deck is stained.
2. Eight yards of black dirt have been carefully distributed around the perimeter of the fence and deck.
3. Caught up on laundry.
4. Moved flower garden clear across the backyard--including rocks to outline it. Also added 2 Nikko Blue Hydrangeas and some pretty purple balloon flowers.
5. Started building cedar dividers for the vegetable garden.
6. Almost done grading 38 papers (only six left to finish!).
7. Slept nine hours. IN ONE NIGHT. That by itself is freakin' magical.
8. Cleaned and dusted dining room--including all the knick-knacks.
9. Got a slight hint of color in my face (perhaps from working outside for 6 hours??) and a very light tan. Very light. In other words, I'm no longer transparent. Now, I'm just white.
10. Finally got onto my blog and posted about my vacation!

I'm off to catch up on everyone else's blogs!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You must feel good looking at the list of all you got done. I'm anticipating my vacation, but want time to slow down a little. The summer is flying by. I laughed at your 'very light' tan.