Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Cold

I know that nobody enjoys being sick, but I do believe that having a cold in the summer ranks second only to having the flu. It started with my daughter, and while she seems to be doing better today, the nasty bug has made its way to me.

No fun.

I actually got some decent sleep last night, which is good, but it wasn't quite enough to kick this virus. So, I'll be spending the day today chugging fluids and sucking on lozenges to soothe my poor sore throat. In between, I'll be keeping up with steady doses of Advil to manage the pain in my ears. Bah. If I'm lucky, it'll all pass in a few days.

On a more positive note, even though there's never really a good time to be sick, this is working out pretty well. I'm on vacation in early July and with any luck, I WON'T be sick. It'll be my first vacation in a while where I'm not either taking care of myself or someone else. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Hope you feel better and have a great vacation...

Big Momma Pimpalishisness said...

ugghhh...hope you feel better!