Saturday, May 31, 2008

What to do...

Hmmmm. My husband is working tomorrow. I get moody when he has to work on Sundays. I feel like that should be our day for worship and together time. It usually is, but not so tomorrow. Of course, his "work" is taking a bunch of at-risk kids to a baseball game, followed by a meal at Medieval Times. The kids earned it--many of them will be going back to mainstream classes next school year.

But that's not the point. I'm going to be home all day with a cranky three year old. I don't know why she's been so cranky--although she did get bit by a classmate on Friday, and I'm sure it still hurts, which may be why she's crabby. She had a meltdown in Menard's today. That's unusual for her, but we let her scream it out for the whole forty seconds (thankfully, her tantrums are very brief) and then she was fine. But then she did something really weird this afternoon...she suddenly decided she didn't want to use the toilet. I suppose it's just the age; you know, sort of testing the waters of autonomy and rebellion. It's all good. Except that I really have no idea what to do with her tomorrow. The weather is going to be questionable, but I really don't want to keep her cooped up in the house all day. Gas prices are too high for me to take her the museums (or pretty much anywhere) and I'm not sure that lengthy car travel with a crabby three year old is smart anyway.

Ah well. Maybe we'll spend the day fingerpainting. Or reading. I think the library is still open on Sundays because school is in session. That'll easily take an hour or two. Oh, oh! We can make cupcakes! That's always fun--I have a divine recipe for chocolate pumpkin cupcakes. It sounds gross, but it's really good. Can't even taste the pumpkin. Hey, I'm looking forward to it already!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

So? Did you have a fun day?

Big Momma Pimpalishisness said...

Here's hoping that kid didn't have rabies.

Just kidding.