Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Super (Busy) Tuesday

I'm making a mad dash to complete a brief post--I'm on my lunch break right now.

My husband and I made a deal that, starting tonight, he can't play video games and I can't blog until the our bedroom gets cleaned up. We (okay, HE) did a big-ish project over the weekend and moved around our bedroom furniture. It looks good--really, really good. Moving the bed and dresser onto opposite walls just opens up the room and makes it look bigger. I've slept better the past two night than I have since we moved into this house. Maybe there's something to the whole Feng Shui concept!

Anyway, in the process of furniture moving and cleaning, it turned into one of those situations where things start to look worse before they look better. It's still in the "worse" phase and with my daughter's birthday party this weekend, we've got some serious work ahead of us. I'm hoping to get it all taken care of tonight after we take our daughter out for her birthday dinner--mainly so that I can blog some more about the birthday cake I'm making for her. The theme is "Baseball" which was her choice. I made a practice cake a week ago and now I'm gearing up for the real thing...

More nonsense later...or tomorrow, depending on when the cleaning gets done!

2 comments:

CRUSTYBEEF said...

GOood Luck with everything! I love feng shui...something refreshing about that, aside from my own faith naturally.

Happy birthday to your daughter! I'm sure you'll get everything done, and the cake will turn out delicious! Take a pic if you can, I'd love to see it!

Happy Wednesday!
Always,
Elizabeth

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a good way to get the room cleaned up and put back in place. Happy birthday to your daughter. Can't wait to see the cake.