Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Down Time

I woke up at 3:30am with a migraine. It hurt too much to move, so I waited until my husband woke up and asked him to get me some Advil, then went back to sleep for a few hours. The migraine was still there, so I took a sick day today. By about 10am, I was feeling much better, so I took my daughter out to buy birthday presents for her cousins and then we went out to lunch.

When we got home, she crawled into bed and fell asleep while I set to putting together a mini-workout trampoline. Um...the trampoline sucked. I'm really irritated that I spent my money on it--it's flimsy beyond words and the parts didn't even really hook together right, which now that I think about it, might be the reason it's flimsy. I stuffed it all back in the box and sat down to read instead. That was much more satisfying.

My little one will be waking up any minute and I promised her we'd play with her Play Doh before we make dinner. Pot roast with red potatoes tonight...yummy. After that, we'll probably just hang out until bedtime. In spite of the migraine, I think today has been some of the best down time I've had in a while. Nothing earth shaking or exciting, but still nice.

No comments: