Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake Anyone?

The Midwest, and especially Illinois, is known for a lot of things...tornadoes, droughts, lots of rain, snow and wind. Illinois is not really known for earthquakes. Time to change that! You can read about it here.

I remember another earthquake when I was a kid--my dad felt it while he was dozing in the recliner in the living room. This has been the first one in a while and it just seems so odd to me. I know there's a fault line not too far from the southern Illinois border, but I never really give it any thought. I mean, this isn't exactly California!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

There was one just a few years ago, but I was the only one in the house who felt it. It was a much smaller one back then. This time, even Robin woke up!

DVD e CD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

according to my relative she felt her bed vibrate...I didn't feel anything, but I did wake up to pee. Maybe the earthquake triggered my bladder?

I'm just glad that no one was hurt... :)

Always,
E