Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Pillow Talk

Conversation early this morning (BEFORE my alarm went off)...

Him (hovering over me, gently poking): Hey, are you okay?

Me (groggy and barely awake): Huh?

Him: Are you okay?

Me (struggling to focus): What? Yeah, I'm fine. What's wrong?

Him: There's a pillow on the bed.

Me: What?

Him: Yeah. Right here. There's a pillow here. Right next to your head.

Me: You mean the one I'm laying on?

Him: What are you talking about?

Me: What am I talking about? What are you talking about?

Him: Just what I said. There's a pillow on the bed next to your head. Who put it there?

Me (thinking): Beats the heck outta me, but if you keep this up, I'm gonna whap you with it.

Him: Did you put it there?

Me: What? The pillow?

Him: Yeah. Did you put it there because I was snoring?

Me (thinking): No, but that's not a bad idea. Just shove a pillow between our faces when he snores? Not a bad idea at all.

Him: Weird.

Me: You're nuts.

Him: What was I just talking about?

Me: I have no idea.

This, dear readers, is why back in the olden days, men and women slept not only in separate beds, but SEPARATE ROOMS!

3 comments:

Katie said...

LOL! I thought WE were the only couple that had angry-confused conversations when we first wake up! Atleast you can laugh about it later in the day. :)

Cheryl said...

I love sleeping alone. I wonder if I could ever get used to sleeping with someone again?

Big Momma Pimpalishisness said...

I'm starting to really think separate rooms is a very good idea.