Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lessons Learned

I learned two things today.

First, after spending two weeks without eating any junk food at all, a candy bar doesn't taste particularly good. My husband bought me a peanut butter Twix, which my daughter opened and offered to share with me...I ate it, but it was just sort of okay. I realized a piece of cheese and some fruit would have tasted better. Strange.

Second, while grocery shopping this morning, I learned that even if I'm clear on the other side of the store, deciding which chicken to get, my nose can pick up the distinct smell of...dirt. I followed the scent all the way over to the garden center. Sure enough, big bags of dirt. Seeds. Gardening equipment. Bulbs. Patio furniture. I started twitching with sheer glee. There's a hint of warmth in the air...spring is almost here and I can finally get back to digging in my gardens!

1 comment:

jAMiE said...

I can't believe it will be spring in a few days...i'm not a gardener but i know people enjoy it...i don't like to get my hands dirty, silly me....anyway, i will miss winter.