Monday, February 11, 2008

Water World

The basement is finally drying out. Even with the sump pump running, my poor husband manually removed about 240 gallons of water. That doesn't sound like much--except for for the fact that IT IS!

I was so completely stressed out this weekend that I've been having heart palpitations and feeling sick to my stomach. It's funny how I can cope with major crises every single day at work--and sometimes in my personal life, too--but a little water in the basement, and I just become unhinged.

There is a silver lining to all of this--the basement is almost clean. Tons of stuff thrown in the trash, other things organized and put in their proper places, so on and so on. I'd been hassling my hubby for a while because he said he'd take care of it ages ago, but now it's finally getting done. Not quite the way I wanted it to happen (obviously), but in the end, there's not much to do about it now!

My husband will also see it as a positive experience, in spite of his aching back, neck and shoulders. See, I told him I'd more seriously consider adopting a dog after he got the basement clean. Famous last words, eh?

1 comment:

Jim Latchford said...

Some misguided malcontent once coined the phrase, "Into life a little rain must fall." This person obviously never owned a home with a basement. It is times like this when I'd like to beat the living crap out of people who smile at our adversity and hand them a five gallon bucket and a mop! "Now," I'd say to them, "get busy and clean up this mess before I stick your umbrella in a specific location on your anatomy where the sun never shines!" Hang in there kid(s). Spring is just around the corner.