Friday, February 01, 2008

Random Rambling

There's 11 inches of snow on my deck right now. Actually, there's 11 inches of snow all over the yard, my front porch, the driveway and the street, too. The snow doesn't really bother me, especially since I'm off work today. I do, however, have to do some errands later, so I'm hoping the plows will come by before lunch. My husband keeps telling me to take it easy, to stop and relax, but that's not something I'm particularly good at.

Does anyone else have trouble relaxing?

For me, it's getting worse. I hardly sleep at night because my mind is just racing with thoughts of all that I have to get done the next day. It's all part of a vicious cycle. Maybe someday I'll calm down. Someday.

Anyway, with the cold weather and all the snow, I decided to make a hearty breakfast this morning. I'm sitting in front of my computer with a fully belly, thanks to my no-egg, multi-grain apple-blueberry pancakes. I made some turkey sausage, too. Doesn't that sound disgustingly healthy? My munchkin loved it. She gobbled up her food, then curled up on the couch under a warm blanket to watch "Super Why." You have to understand that this is a big deal--when I'm home, she rarely gets to watch television, but I really like this show a lot. I'll let her watch "Word World" too. She won't know what to do with herself! TWO television shows in one day? Mommy must be crazy.

Speaking of crazy, I think I'm going to go outside and see how the street looks and determine if I can get my car out of the driveway so I can go shopping.

More later...

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I wish we had a snow day as an excuse to stay home. I wouldn't even think of getting out of the house after all that snow. I guess it's where you live. Here, they don't plow the cul de sacs for days and days.

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

Super why, super. why. Super readers, we're gonna try...

jAMiE said...

Snow days...i love 'em.