Wednesday, February 13, 2008

29 Hours

If days were 29 hours long instead of only 24, here's what I'd do...

I would get at least two extra hours of sleep each and every night, that's for sure.

I'd still only work an 8-hour day, so I'd have some extra free time to spend with my family.

I could read my daughter seven books before bed instead of the usual three or four.

I could actually work out for one full hour, instead of frantically squeezing in mini-workouts throughout the day. I'd much rather do all my sweating at once.

I'd have more time to devote to the things I love doing in my "spare" time. Namely cooking, baking, gardening and quilting.

I'd remember to say, "I love you" more often to the people who need to hear it.

I might even go to church twice a week instead of once a week.

I'd catch up on reading blogs.

I think I'd volunteer somewhere--maybe at an animal shelter.

I would sit down, close my eyes, and just be thankful for that moment.

Then again, maybe I can just manage my schedule and do all of that in the 24 hours I already have...

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Martha, if I didn't know you, I'd think you're crazy. But, since you're my sister, and I know how much you do already, I will confirm to anyone who needs to know it: Martha can do anything...including pack 29 hours worth of stuff into a 24 hour day.

jAMiE said...

I used to volunteer at an animal shelter, it broke my heart to see the cruelty that people inflicted on their pets. Sad...but very worthwhile, the animals there are so frightened, they need all the friendly faces they can get.