Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday Surprises

I'm sitting in my living room right now, about ready to fall over from exhaustion. Work has been crazy--crazier than usual--but that's not why I'm so tired.

My dear, sweet husband threw a surprise birthday party for me. He got me out of the house this morning by giving me a gift certificate for a massage. The massage was perfect. Completely relaxing. When I got home, I realized the house was very quiet. Too quiet. I got into the hallway and was greeted with a resounding "Surprise!" Holy cow, I almost fell over.

It was a fun afternoon, just hanging out with everyone, eating pizza and...believe it or not...singing karaoke! The highlight of the day (besides just sharing the fun party with my darling niece who just turned 8), was my sweet little girl singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on the karaoke machine. Too cute. Really. I wish I could share more, but I'm exhausted--in a good way, of course. I'll have to share more tomorrow--including how my husband and I sang "I Got You Babe" which was originally done by Sonny and Cher, but we added to it by imitating the version of Cher singing it with Beavis and Butthead.

I'm tired now, so I'm going to take a long hot shower and crash in bed with a good book.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a great surprise. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!