Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday (One Day Late...)

I actually did have a menu yesterday, but I forgot to post it after I put up "The Smell of Rain" (you can scroll down to read it if you want).

Anyway, last night (Monday), I made a beef pot roast, noodles with yellow squash and peas. It was yummy.

Today (Tuesday): Chicken. We eat a lot of chicken at my house. A LOT of chicken. Tonight, it will be seasoned, breaded and baked. I think I'll make a zucchini, onion and tomato side dish with it.

Wednesday: I'm working late, so dear old dad will be cooking. I'm betting it will be whole-wheat blueberry pancakes and sausage for him and the kiddo.

Thursday: Grilled cheese and tomato soup with homemade red potato "chips". Nothing says comfort food better than that when it's twenty below outside.

Friday: White-chili stuffed green peppers. It sounds funny. Looks strange. Tastes divine.

This weekend is up for grabs. We were supposed to be going out of town, but it looks like we won't be since my munchkin is still sick--that's the update on that. The doc says her airways are not as inflamed (thank goodness) but she's still got a lot of stuff in her tiny little lungs. I think we might have pizza on Saturday and then I'll make stuffed sandwiches on Sunday. Wait a minute. Is this Sunday the Superbowl? I should know this, but I don't. If it's the Superbowl, I may have to make a Superbowl feast since we won't be going anywhere.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I always love seeing your menus. You're so organized! I'll be away having a 6 course dinner on Superbowl Sunday. I won't miss the game!

jAMiE said...

I enjoy seeing your menus too..i wish i could as organized...i fly by the seat of my pants most days...though i do try to plan for the next day.

Sunday is indeed the Super Bowl...what will you have for your feast?