Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hump Day Horrors

Okay, not really "horrors" I suppose, but this morning is NOT getting off to a good start.

I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night. Nothing was wrong. Well, nothing was wrong with me. I love my husband, but his snoring is getting out of control. I just couldn't sleep because it was so loud. Ugh. I'm used to being sleep-deprived, but today just isn't the day for it. I got out of bed at 5:30am to work out, which is a good thing. I did a pre-set program on our recumbent bike and sweated like crazy for forty-five minutes. When I got off the bike, that was when everything started falling apart.

By sweating so much, my hair went all crazy and I had to re-wash it. Then I started to blow it out straight, but once I was halfway through, I realized that the part of hair I started with was wavy again. Crisis averted, though. I just ran some curl cream through my hair instead and skipped the rest of blow drying. I hurried and got dressed, only to find out that my black dress pants were hanging by a wool sweater, so there were little wool fibers all over the pants. And of course, I couldn't find a lint roller. Thank goodness for regular scotch tape. I had also planned on being at work by 7:30, but that didn't happen because my stomach went haywire at about 7:15--stupid IBS.

By the time I felt better, it was almost 8:00. I started loading my car with my work stuff--and all my school stuff, too, because classes start tonight and I'm teaching two of them--and I slipped on something on the garage floor and crashed my hip into the rearview mirror on my husband's car. Five minutes and a good round of cursing later, I limped back into the house to get the rest of my stuff.

I finally got to work, only to slip on some ice in the parking lot. I didn't wipe out, thank goodness, though I did twist my already badly bruised hip. Ouch.

Then, I realized that the gas bill didn't get mailed and it's going to cost me money to pay it somewhere in person.

I guess it's true--it really is all downhill once 30 hits...*sigh*

On the up side of it all, my little munchkin gave me a huge hug and kiss this morning before I left and said, "Mommy, you stay home and play with me today." I promised her that I'm home next Monday and we'll spend the whole day doing whatever she wants. I can't wait! And then my husband called me to remind me that he loves me. I guess the day's not quite so bad, after all.

3 comments:

Marni said...

Hate, hate, hate mornings like that... I hope it got better!!!!

Marni said...

Hate, hate, hate mornings like that... I hope it got better!!!!

Cheryl said...

I guess today was an example of the snowball effect? Wow! I hope the rest of your day was uneventful in a good way.