Thursday, December 20, 2007

Rise and Shine!

Holy cow, it's not even 6:30am and I'm a raw bundle of energy!

I just finished a 2-mile walk/jog workout. It's better than coffee. Or, at least I think it is, because I don't drink coffee. Lots of my co-workers ask me why I get up so early to exercise, when I could do it in the evening after my daughter goes to bed. I tell them that there's too much other stuff to do around the house after she goes to bed--laundry, dishes, cleaning bathrooms, mopping, etc. But it's more than that. My workout time in the morning is the only time I have to myself to be alone and enjoy some peace and quiet. And I pray, too. I think God can hear me better in the mornings before my day gets too chaotic and noisy.

Okay, enough of the feel good stuff. I have to pull myself together and leave for work in 45 minutes, but it's good, because after I get through today and tomorrow, I have a week off. Hooray!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Have a very Merry Christmas Martha and enjoy your vacation!

Cheryl said...

I'm a morning person so I can totally relate.

I love your new banner!