Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

I'm not big on making resolutions. It seems kind of silly. I gave it a try last year, but didn't do so great. I think it's because I felt like I was forcing myself to do things I'd rather not do. I decided to make some manageable resolutions this year...

1. My house will be cleaner. (I can see my sisters rolling their eyes right now because I'm always freaking out and cleaning, but they haven't seen the basement or the bookcase in my bedroom.)

2. I will be more conscious of what I'm eating. I've defied the diet I'm supposed to follow and I'm seeing the sad results. I've gotta keep thinking...HEART HEALTHY! This is the only ticker I've got and if I'm going to run the half-marathon in 2008, I need to treat it a little bit better. FYI: I was supposed to run the 2007 half-marathon, but had to withdraw due to a kidney infection that had a huge impact on my training schedule. Bummer.

3. I will work less. I've been on vacation for the past week and haven't checked my messages or called a single co-worker at all. It was very liberating. Working less=More time with my sweet kiddo.

4. I will not wait for a special occasion to get a pedicure.

5. I will finally finish writing my book. I may not get it published, but I will get it finished.

I think that's enough for now. Anyone else out there making resolutions?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year Martha!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I like #4!!!

happy Happy New YearS Martha!!!I'd be interested in learning more about your half marathon! I too want to strive for that but am not a runner...Kudos to you!!

Always,
Crusty~
Happy 08 to you and yours!

jAMiE said...

Happy New Year Martha..all the best for 2008!

No resolutions for me..except to try to be the best person i can be...and try to be more patient with my mother (not an easy task!)