Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Aside from the fact that it’s painful, it’s also a terrible…I don’t even know what the word is…a terrible something to wake up with a tension headache. Two mornings in a row! Ugh. My head, neck and shoulders feel like they’re full of hot, jagged little rocks. I’ve determined that I’ve been letting myself get too stressed.

Through the haze of pain, I’ve also determined that my daughter wants to be a stay-at-home-kid as much as I want to be a stay-at-home-mom. My heart does this weird cross between melting and breaking when she looks up at me with those soulful brown eyes and says, “Mommy, I stay home with you today because I love you so much.”

Man, do I love her, too!

4 comments:

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I'm stopping by from way of Andrew's..I saw your comment about midwest and I thought, hmm..wonder where..and than I see Illinois!
So HI! I found a fellow blogspot illinoisian..(is that a word?)
Darned rain has made a mess of ice all over our area.. grrrrrrrr...
Lets package some snow up and send it to Andrew!! You take your driveway I'll take mine! And we'll meet in the middle.

and in regards to your daughter-sigh...that is adorable. I'll never know what it's like...
But happy with my three..but still that haunting daughter interest creeps up ever so often;)

Always,
Crusty~

Catherine said...

How does she not break your heart in two?! Because I know those pretty, brown eyes, and I know that when they say things like that in their little voices, it's just so hard to tell them no... And I'm just the auntie!

Cheryl said...

I'd jot that down somewhere so you can remember how sweet she was. Hopefully, she'll remain so. Still, when that PMS hits, you'll look back on those sweet moments.

jAMiE said...

I hope your head feels better soon...headaches are no fun.

Adorable about your daughter...a tough one.