Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween Hilarity

After my little munchkin missed out on her first two Halloweens due to being very sick, I was about out of my head with excitement that not only was she healthy enough, but also old enough to enjoy the fun of it all. Last night went something like this...



Me: C'mon sweetie. We're going to go trick-or-treating.

Her: No thank you mommy.

Me: (slight panic in my voice): But we can go get candy!

Her: I don't want candy mommy.

Me: Please? Look, you can have a piece of candy now.

Her: No mommy. No candy.

Me: Babycakes, come on. We'll just go to a few houses and say, "Trick or treat!"

Her: No.

Me: Well, what do you want to do?

Her: I want some mostaccoli for dinner.

Me: Can we go trick-or-treating when you're done?

Her: No, I don't want candy. Just mostaccoli.


It was a done conversation after that. We did finally get her to a few houses, but she wasn't happy about it. The little stinker didn't even eat any of the goodies she got. She was way more interested in what was left of the mostaccoli and garlic bread. Parenthood. Gotta love it.

3 comments:

jAMiE said...

Awww, how cute...but what is mostaccoli? (Sp?)

Martha said...

HA! I did spell it wrong, but not too bad. It's mostaccioli. It's a kind of pasta.

Cheryl said...

I'm not familiar with that kind of pasta. What an adorable story. You'll have to tell her about it when she gets older. Do you know why she didn't want to go? Did you have trick-or-treaters come to your house? Did she enjoy seeing other kids in their costumes? My daughter was always torn between wanting to go out and wanting to stay home to give out the candy.