Sunday, November 25, 2007

Dreamscape Re-Visited

I try not to put too much value on my dreams. I have some crazy ones, in sort of weird, 3-D technicolor. I don't remember ever not having strange dreams. Sometimes I feel like they mean something, and when I get that feeling, I pay attention. Most of the time, though, it's just sort of nonsensical stuff. Not lately.

I had that dream again. I don't like how I'm feeling today, just kind of unsettled, a little irritable. Why can't I seem to get to the end of that dream?

And then I had another dream, too. There was a young man on a bicycle hit by a car and I was administering first aid. He knew me, but I had no idea who he was. His name was Ryan, and he kept saying, "Just get me to where I need to be." I kept telling him it was dangerous for me to move him, that we had to wait for an ambulance. He gripped my hand and said the same thing..."Just get me to where I need to be."

I woke up just as I was lifting him in my arms. I was sweating and my heart was racing, but I just lay in bed, trying to quiet my breathing, knowing that there was unfinished business. Where does he need to go? And why does he need me to take him there?

No comments: