Thursday, September 06, 2007

Long Days/Daze

I think being human is hard. I think being a woman is even harder. As a woman, I'm probably biased. I think of the women I know...single moms, married moms, non-moms (yet), non-moms (forever), full-time employees, full-time other stuff. And I think we're all full-time jugglers. Juggling our schedules, others' schedules, so on and so on.

I feel like I'm always trying to perfect this dance that I do on a daily basis. Little things build up (like today) and I'm spinning in circles, dazed, trying to be everything to everyone while still trying to be me, and I'm just...tired.

My poor little girl has, in the past 12 hours, come down with some kind of virus. Her tummy is not so good tonight, her cute li'l nose has turned into a faucet, and her body is just burning up with a fever. She's sleeping peacefully now, thank goodness. I curled up with her, keeping her warm--her little body is hot to the touch, but covered in goosebumps, poor kiddo--until she drifted off. And I said a prayer that she'll be feeling better tomorrow.

My husband had a very late night at work and is about ready to fall over from exhaustion. And I'm thinking about the bathrooms that need to be cleaned. I'm also thinking they can wait until tomorrow. Right now, a long hot shower and my soft bed are way more appealing.

Hopefully, the weekend will be relaxed and easy.

Hey, before I forget...can you believe that Autumn is almost here? It was in the 80s today, but as I was driving home earlier tonight, I noticed the number of yellow leaves drifting down off the trees...

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your little girl is sick again. Thank goodness you're able to be there for her. Everything else does go on hold. I was lucky that mine never got sick, somehow, so I didn't have to worry about work. You're right about the house stuff--it can wait. I hope she's better soon.

Margaret said...

Martha, if you need a good laugh, come watch me juggle two primary grade children and a baby in the morning. There's nothing to do but laugh--or go insane.

I hope you darling only has a 24-hour virus and is feeling better today. Kiss her from me:-)