Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm Baaaaack!

I have been a busy little chickadee this past week. I haven't posted since Sunday!

Let's see...Monday, I had a chaotic day at work. Our agency had an unannounced survey from the state. Not my division, thankfully. But even when it does happen, I think I'll feel pretty confident. I run a pretty tight ship. Tuesday and Wednesday were my lo-o-o-ng days. I didn't get home until 9pm both nights--all because I'm working toward a career change and I teach two graduate classes after my regular workday. Ugh. Thursday was a good day, although my allergies went haywire and my nose and eyelids were about twice their normal size. Friday I worked from home, which was nice. I'm able to get a full day of work done in about a half-day because I have no other-work-stuff distractions. And my munchkin and I had a blast in the afternoon. We baked angel food cupcakes and frosted them. Well, she pretended to frost. Mostly, she licked the spatula. Then we spent an hour reading a variety of books and another hour after that dancing to her favorite CD--Sticky Bubble Gum. This morning, I went and got my allergy shots (never a good time), then spent the afternoon organizing my closet. While doing that, I found some letters I wrote to my daughter while I was still pregnant--we didn't know it was a girl, so they all started out "Dear Baby". Awwww. Sniff, sniff. She's certainly not a baby anymore.

Anyway, the evening is winding down. My husband just snuck out and got us milkshakes. Yummy. Milkshakes are not on my doctor-approved list of foods for controlling my insulin levels, so I'll just have to be extra-good tomorrow.

I don't know about anyone else, but it got down in the 40s last night here. I will never understand weather in the midwest. We had our air conditioner on a week ago because it was in the upper 90s. Sheesh. But I love the cooler weather. Gives me a good reason to snuggle under a bunch of warm blankets with a good book.

After I catch up on everyone else's blogs, of course!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

You are busy, busy! What do you teach? What career are you heading towards?

Today was cool and breezy. Nice change! I'm sure it won't stay this way. We have a while to go till the real Fall.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Martha said...

Hey Cheryl! I teach a few graduate psychology classes at a local university. The work is way more low-key than my full-time job, and I would prefer to do that full-time. It's not that I don't love what I do now, it's just so exhausting!