Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bony Fingers

You know that old saying about "working your fingers to the bone"? I think that's me.

Hot tamale, I was busy this weekend. My sweet little girl was miserable beyond belief from Thursday morning until about midnight last night when her fever finally broke. Today, she was running around like a...a...like I don't even know what. But it was so good to see her smiling and happy, for some pinkish color to be back in her little round cheeks.

Yesterday was long because my husband was working and my little one was sick. Today, with my sweetie feeling better and the hubby finally (blessedly) having a day off, I cleaned like a mad woman--like Martha Stewart, Merry Maids and the Tasmanian Devil all rolled into one. Did you see the movie There's Something About Mary? There's a crazy scene where Magda ingests *something* and is going crazy cleaning, lifting her couch and all other goofy stuff. Um, yeah. That was me. Minus the *something* of course.

I did six loads of laundry (the seventh is in the washer right now). It's amazing how fast laundry piles up when there's a sick kid in the house. It wasn't anything gross. Normal clothes and towels, which I usually do at least every other day, but I got behind with the whole up-at-2am-soothing-a-crying-toddler-until-7am thing. Anyway, her fever was so bad that she was sweating and just soaking through her sheets. Plus I had the regular loads of sheets to wash. Eeek. I also decided to clean up our bedroom. That took about 4 hours. It was just bad because our bedroom tends to come last and gets put off because my husband and I are the only people who see it. Then I cleaned out my closet. And the linen closets. After that, it was time to clean up the bathrooms. And the kitchen. And the living room. Thank goodness the dining room was already in pretty good shape. All I have left tonight is to fold the load of stuff in the dryer, transfer the stuff in the washer to the dryer (which, since it's only some blankets, can sit in the dryer over night--I hardly ever do that, though), and sweep the kitchen floor.

I will then take a super-long shower and collapse in a heap on the bed in my now very clean bedroom. I'm skipping my workout tonight, but getting up a little early tomorrow to squeeze it in. It's only Sunday night, but I already feel like it should be Friday.

Oh man, I just realized I didn't plan my dinners for the week. No Menu Plan Monday this week. I'll be flying by the seat of my pants this time around.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Martha,

First of all, do you have linen closet trolls like I do here at my house? The smallest "room" in the house, and it gets messy? I don't get it!

And second...who needs to work out after a day full of cleaning like you just did? Hmmm? Well? Not you!

And finally, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has tons of laundry to do each week.

Love you!
M1

Cheryl said...

Wow...I'm impressed. I get like that sometimes. There's no better feeling than looking over your domain when you're done and seeing everything sparkle. Still, you did that after caring for your sick toddler for days? Where'd you get the energy? Well, you have a clean house and a well child. Kick back for a minute and relax!

jAMiE said...

I hope you've had some times to relax since writing this post, made me tired just reading it.

Hope your little one is much better too!

Palm Springs Savant said...

OMG- you were a busy gurl! Sheesh. hope the weekend is slowing down for you.

stop by and say hi sometime