Friday, August 31, 2007

Mental Health Day

In honor of the upcoming Labor Day holiday, I've decided to do no laboring at all. I took today off in an effort to restore some sort of balance and sanity to my life. Here's what I've done so far...

1. Woke up at 5:30am. Of course, the one day I actually can sleep in, I don't.

2. Laid in bed until 7am. Not sleeping, but at least resting.

3. Morning routine.

4. Went to the post office.

5. Stopped at Home Depot. By some sort of miracle, I left without buying anything. I am, however, planning on going back later to get the rest of the stone edging I need for my front yard.

6. Stopped at Wal-Mart. Didn't buy anything there, either.

7. Planned on going to IKEA, but I was feeling too lazy to make the drive. Plus, my husband has the tollway pass in his car and I didn't feel like digging for change in my car.

8. Went to Target instead and bought a 25-pair shoe holder. Yes, I own 25 pairs of shoes. More, actually. I am a shoe "ho". I love shoes. The good thing is that I wear all of them. I'm not the kind of person to waste money on shoes and then not wear them.

9. Came home for a while and started this post. Then had to stop because...

10. I went for a haircut. I adore my stylist. She does a great job, every single time. And while I waited for the miracle cure on my hair to work, I read a really trashy celebrity gossip magazine.

Then I came home and finished this post. Even if it's short-lived, I feel like a new woman. My poor little brain has been working overtime and I'm pretty sure I was on the verge of short-circuiting. Today helped. I don't know what I'm doing the rest of the weekend. We were supposed to have a garage sale tomorrow, but my husband "forgot" to get the permit. Arghhh. I think I'm just going to take all the baby clothes to a consignment shop. Tomorrow, I think we're going to the zoo with one of his co-workers and her boyfriend. I've got mixed feelings about that. Long story, one for another time. Sunday, I plan on working outside as much as possible. Autumn is fast approaching, and I'm determined to the rest of the necessary landscaping so that next growing season, our yard looks put together. In between all of that, I'm just going to zone out, live in the moment, and...and...I don't know what, yet. But I'm sure I'll figure it out!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I want to see your new hair. Post it on our Sister site.

Margaret said...

I want a haircut. My hair is so long and heavy, there's not much I can do with it anymore.

Also, I hope you have room for the shoes I bought you!