Friday, August 31, 2007

Mental Health Day Part II

So, the day started out pretty well--check out my previous post from a few hours ago for proof--but it's quickly turning into something else.

My poor little girl has suddenly developed...shall we say...a turbulent tummy that is resulting in a busy bottom. About a half hour ago, after an, um, episode, she ran up to me with a pull-up and said, "No mommy. No more underwear. Pull-up. Please." I certainly understand she's upset. She was down to one accident a day, sometimes every other day, but in less than an hour, she'd had five rather messy accidents. And she's so sad about it. It's no big deal to me. Clean it up and move on. Stuff happens, right? But she's laying on the couch right next to me with some dry Cheerios and a cup of water, her big, soulful brown eyes leaking big ol' crocodile tears.

I just offered to put on a movie for her--a pretty rare treat since I typically don't let her watch much television. I'm going to cuddle with my little Baby Cakes and try to make her feel better.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Today sounded like a bunch of days rolled into one. It actually sounded like one of my days. I'm glad you got to do so many of the things you wanted to do. Funny how life stops us in our tracks, though. I hope your daughter is feeling better and that it's back to underware tomorrow.

jAMiE said...

I hope you both enjoyed your cuddle time and your little one feels better soon.

Catherine said...

Give her an extra cuddle from Aunt Cathe.

Margaret said...

Sometimes, when I feel like being a grown-up is yucky, I then remind myself how challenging it must be to be 2 years old!