Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Promise Kept

I told my husband that if he successfully finished running the sump pump drain hose and it worked without leaking, I would post about what a good job he did. Since I'm very good at keeping my promises, I'm posting about it now.

Manly man that he is, he strutted through Home Depot yesterday, buying the appropriate 50 feet of PVC, 7 connectors, and 4 angled connectors (2 each of different angles, just as a precaution). He also selected the correct primer and PVC cement. He then proceeded to shovel dirt, creating a very LONG, narrow ditch, from where the sump pump hose leaves the house, all the way down and across the yard to where the city says it should go.

As I sit here typing this, I hear the pump running, and for the first time in two and half years, it's not leaving a big, nasty puddle in my yard. Now, my husband's father and brothers always give him a hard time for not being as "handy" as they are, but here's proof, once again, that he's perfectly capable of managing without their help. Nah-nah, in-laws!

Good job, honey.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Can I tell you how thankful I am that my ex did that--made a french drain for the sump pump--before he moved out? Yes!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are pretty lucky. Your husband must be a pretty nice guy. You should keep him for a while.