Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Better with Bacon

I went out to lunch with a few co-workers today. We hit an express buffet at a local Mexican restaurant. EXCELLENT food.

Anyway, the four of us were all having a really bad day, and co-worker #1 pipes up with, "Hey, you've gotta try these funny looking weird pork chop things. I mean, they look like pork chops, but they taste like bacon."

Co-worker #2 says, "If it tastes like bacon, I'm all for it. Everything's better with bacon." She then proceeded to tell us about a restaurant she had been to where all of the meats were wrapped with a slice of bacon, and, "It was plain meat, but that bacon just added something to it. Really, everything is better with bacon. Think about it. Even if someone put a pile of crap in front of you, if you wrapped it in bacon, it wouldn't be so bad."

I'm not sure I believe that. Crap is crap, and I said so.

She responded with, "I'm telling you, bacon can solve just about any problem. Seriously."

I answered, "So, if I wrap my whole body in bacon, I can leave this restaurant and find a bag with a million bucks in it and immediately become thirty pounds lighter?"

She chewed thoughtfully for a moment and said, "Well, maybe not, but at least you would taste good if someone bit you."

Yup. We all work in mental health. Here's to bacon.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I hardly ever eat bacon, but it sure is good. I made a cold pea salad last weekend and it was the bacon that made it delicious. I ate the leftovers for days.

I've never heard of a Mexican buffet, but I'm sure I'd love it. I love to eat.