Tuesday, May 29, 2007

God's Answers for Sale?

I saw an advertisement today from an individual stating that she has a way to get prayers answered. Wait. What?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to hazard a guess and say that no matter how much money I spend on a "system" or how much I beg God for something, He will answer my prayers in His own way and in His own time.

I pray a lot. Some prayers are for things that I think I need or want, but mostly, I pray for the health and safety of my family and myself. I have to say, I think God does a great job of answering those prayers. And as for my prayer about finding a new job, I think He is answering that prayer, too. It may not be the answer I want, but it's still an answer.

I remind myself often that when I think God isn't answering a prayer, there is an answer. And the answer is, "Not yet, Martha. Not yet." I may not always understand it or like it, but I know God is listening. So, keep praying.

No comments: